Friday, April 17, 2009

Past.Present.Phuture

Nothing in life is certain, you just can't predict what's tomorrow going to be. Sure you can plan, set a layout on how you want your tomorrow. Sometimes it does, sometimes it turn out to be totally unpredictable, in many different ways. It would suprisingly make you happy, at times it'll be otherwise. I went to an interview a couple days ago. A friend of mine was going through the classifieds, came across an ad; a company hiring some position with a good pay. She was so sweet to text me, since she knows my current job sucks big time. 

So i went to the place, it was crowded as i expected. I get in line, to get the application form. I handed my recent i.d photo, they attached it to the form, and handed me back with a copy of instructions to follow. I read the 2 page long instructions carefully. About ten minutes later, i filled the form. Handed back to the personnel and was asked to proceed to level 3, swimming pool side. Soon as the lift door open, a room full of hopeful job seekers waiting patiently to be called. A handful of attractive targets were in the room too. I looked around, imagining what if i were to open to one. But i didn't, it will be weird. Plus i was nervous and restless by the long wait. Minutes turned to hours of waiting, so i took my book or rather my bible to kill time.

Soon my name was called, i get up from my seat as i make my way through the crowds of tired faces staring at me, wondering when is their turn. I was lead by the interviewer into a small room. As i was seated, the interviewer goes "So Khairul Anuar, do you got any perusal or resume for me?" as he scanned through my form briefly. "No i don't, all i got is my cert'. i handed him my file. He flipped through the pages and start questioning me again, "So what do you know about this job, roughly?". As he stared right through my eye, hoping for some good answer. "Hmm, well", thinking hard. "From what i can tell is that i need to serve customer, find them a room and..", I paused, hoping to squeeze a few more, " Yeah, i guess that is all". Then its struck me that i should have said more, something at least to make it sound convincing. 

He then asked me if i got any question for him. Of course i do have questions, in fact a lot to be ask. So i asked him about the job scope, on how the probation procedure are and a few more relating to the job. He asked me few more question before ending the interview and told me that i will receive a call lastest by tomorrow if i were selected. So i leave the room, make my way pass the door to the lift. I exit the building and when home straight after.

The next day, I waited for the call. Morning turns to noon, still no call received. So from that i knew i dint get the job. Actually this story has no happy ending, cause its real. In real life there is no happy ending i guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment